Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Ryker is already 5 weeks old!!!

Ryker says, "Hey, y'all!"
  • Our baby boy is growing so fast! We can't believe he's already 5 weeks old! All is going well, and Jeff & I are loving being parents. Ryker definitely keeps me busy during the day! We have our good days where Mommy can get some things done, and we have our rough days where not a whole lot gets done around the house (or even having time to take a shower)! As far as sleep goes, I get up about twice a night with him. However, some of those times I could be up for an hour with him, so the sleep varies for me. Ryker continues to make us smile, especially when he smiles back at us! Of course, he has his major crying moments, and we do whatever we can to stop him from crying whether that be a diaper change, feeding him, or bouncing him in our arms. He's a spoiled little boy, because he always gets Mommy and Daddy to do what he wants us to do. But that's ok...babies can never be spoiled too much! :)
  • As far as my recovery since delivery, all is going ok. I just had my 1st postpartum dr. appt. on Tuesday. So far I've lost over 20 lbs., so that's good news! However, this "in between" stage of clothes shopping is not so much fun, so I definitely have more to lose. I did get some bad news though at the appt. (even though I kind of knew it was probably true from what I have been feeling)...I most likely cracked my tailbone during the delivery, so the pain when I sit down and stand up doesn't feel so great. My dr. said that I could get it x-rayed to be sure, but it wouldn't do much good since there's nothing we can really do about it. It's not like she can put a cast on a tailbone! She said the pain can last up to 3 months. (Julie asked a dr. that she knows, and he said that the pain could even last up to 6 months!) So I'm not really looking forward to that. At least with the pain, I have an adorable son in my arms while I try to endure it! :)
  • Enjoy the pictures that we've taken in the last couple of weeks!

"I'm just too cute in my little hoodie!"

"Tippy & I are posing together!"

"Will my feet get as big as Daddy's?"

"I love you, Mommy," says my "Automatic Sprinkler"!

And yes, Ryker has "sprinkled" on us quite a few times! :)

6 comments:

Kim said...

Oh my gosh - he is too precious! I LOVE the one of him and the dog - haha! Glad everything is going well, sorry to hear about the tailbone... hope you feel better soon. Have a great first Christmas as a family! :)

LadyP said...

J~ That is so cute! I can't believe how much bigger he looks. I just wanna kiss him up!
Love you!

Anonymous said...

He also sprinkled the wall in his room, per his nona's request to sprinkle his Auntie!

Tiffany and Brian said...

I love the feet. He is just the cutest baby boy. My days to no more sleep are counting down while your days to restful nights are on order.

Carrie said...

Janell,
Those little dark eyes look just like yours....Glad we got to catch up! Miss you--

Erin Marie said...

J-Things sound like they are going great! Ryker is so cute!! I love the feet pictures as well!