Thursday, January 31, 2008

Where have the days of January gone?!

"Grandpa spiked my hair with gel! Now I'm a cool dude!"

Ryker likes to randomly stick out his tongue...too cute!

Sleepy boy taking a nap

Hangin' out in his pjs and swingin' away!

It's already January 31st! Let's see, what all happened this month?

  • Our baby boy turned 2 months and gets even cuter as the days go by! :)
  • Ryker LOVES to smile and talk to Mommy & Daddy! (I've taken some videos, so once I learn how to attach them I'll share them with y'all.)
  • He moved into size 2 diapers!
  • He's starting to wear some 3-6 mo. clothes, even though a lot of them are still quite big. The onsies fit much better than the 0-3 mo.!
  • In the last couple of weeks, he has found his fists to suck on! (I'll have to take a pic of the baby slobber to show you.)
  • One major event at the beginning of the month is the time that Jeff's 1996 Ford Ranger broke down and died. Yeah, it wasn't a fun time. (I'll explain more in the next post.)
  • Jeff got his Professional Engineer's license in the mail this week, because he passed his PE exam that he took back in November!!!! We're so proud!
  • This past week I thought I ended up somehow with strep throat with a major sore throat for days, coughing, nasal congestion, sneezing, and then loss of voice. I went to the dr. on Mon., and luckily it wasn't strep. She said I have laryngitis and probably a mixture of a cold. I've been really worried about Ryker getting sick, but THANKFULLY he hasn't shown any signs of being sick. Jeff has said he's had a bit of a sore throat in the last couple of days though. Uh oh!

I'm looking forward to the fabulous month of February! Not only is it my birthday month and that our boy will turn 3 months old, but we're also going to celebrate having MN visiters coming to KC! My parents are coming over President's Day weekend, and then Carrie, Liz, Kat, and Kat's 6 month old baby girl, Annie, are coming the last weekend of February. I CAN'T WAIT!! Mom & dad will be able to see how much Ryker's grown in 1 month and the girls will be able to meet him for the 1st time! His chubby cheeks are waiting for kisses!! :)

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Ooh, those cheeks are getting bigger, which is good for all of his aunties who are coming to visit. That picture of him sleeping is quite artistic! See you soon & glad you are feeling better! Love ya--

LadyP said...

Oh you know those cheeks are just waiting for me!

amrolih said...

Busy, busy month! But from the looks of the pictures, Ryker seems to be living a life of luxury. What a cutie!

Erin Marie said...

Looks like your family is coming along wonderfully! Ryker is adorable!! I can't wait until we decide to go down that road. So many adventures await us!