Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Last appointment was today!

This morning Jeff & I went to our 8:15 am, 39 week appt. Here's an update: I'm only still 50 % effaced (which I have been for several weeks) and still haven't dilated yet. Bummer, no change. If the little guy doesn't show up by my due date, next Tues. the 13th, I will be going into the hospital Wed. night at 8 pm to get prepped for labor induction. Pretty crazy! No matter what happens, we'll have a baby next week!!! Without going into too much detail, we basically stay the night after getting "prepped" (which also includes me getting a sleeping pill). When I wake up and take a shower, they start the rest of the process. Honestly, I would rather not be induced, but last week we discussed that she would induce me that Thurs. or the following Thurs. if he doesn't show up. Well, the following Thurs. is Thanksgiving Day. So if I have to choose a day to have it done, then I would much rather take the 1st choice so I can hold our sweet little baby boy on his 1st holiday, enjoy the company in town, and eat the yummy food instead of being stuck in a hospital! :) Mom & dad are driving down from MN this Sat. and will stay until the Monday after Thanksgiving, so it'll be fun to have them here for the whole experience. I know the new grandparents are EXTREMELY excited! My sister, her husband, and Jeff's brother are also coming in town the week of Thanksgiving, so it'll be one big happy family all together! I'm really looking forward to it. My nerves are starting to set in for the whole labor part, but I know all will go well. Keep us in your thoughts & prayers. THANKS! :)

12 comments:

Kim said...

GOOD LUCK! i don't know why they even check for dilation and stuff... since you could be dilated for weeks before you go into labor, or not be dilated at all and go into labor in an hour! agh, i think it just makes it more frustrating! anyway... i was overdue (most first-time moms are), but managed to go into labor right before i was supposed to get induced. i hope it happens naturally for you, too! but, it really doesn't matter how they arrive - as long as they get here safely! can't wait to see pics of the little guy :)

Katherine said...

Sending you my prayers!!!!! Can't believe that it's that time already!

Carrie said...

YAAAAAY! I am not yet prepared, so you can't have him yet, OK? Sorry I missed your call today! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! Don't worry about it too much, you will do great! We are praying that it all goes smoothly and that the little guy is as healthy as a horse! I am so looking forward to meeting him. It will be well worth the wait and like your friend Kim said, it doesn't matter how he gets here, induction or not, as long as he's healthy. That is great that the whole family will be in town, Kyle too! He will get to meet all kinds of new family members. By the sound of it, he might even get to meet Charlee too! Love you bunches and am so excited for you guys! Love, Kacie

Beth said...

So close... I can't wait to get the call!! I know that everything will go great and soon you will be at home with your little guy. How nice that all of the family will be there to welcome him home and meet him so soon. Can't wait for pictures!! Love you!

Krista said...

Good luck with everything! I hope your induction goes well. Keep in mind sometimes your birth plan goes out the window...so do what works best for you during labor and don't feel bad if you need the epidural. :)
My prayers are with you!

Anne Bjerken said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you both!

Nichole Meyer said...

So exciting, good luck to you! I wish you nothing but the best. No matter how it all goes, holding that new child in your arms is an experience that you will never forget! And after that, life just gets sweeter each day...I will look forward to your updates and pictures. Take care and God bless!
Nichole

Blog Mom said...

We will be praying for you!!! Take care!

Tiffany and Brian said...

Not that I wish an induction on anyone but now the idea of not knowing when it could happen is actually more concerning to me. Funny how things work out... Wishes for a great memorable birth and health baby.
Tiffany

amrolih said...

How exciting! Little baby Doudrick will be here in a few short days. My prayers are with you daily. Enjoy these last few days of quiet! Best of luck to you and Jeff in the next few weeks!

Janell said...

Thanks for thinking of us, girls! I know it will go well. Miss you all! :)