Friday, August 22, 2008

Month of June

Let's see, what all happened in June? Well, I taught 7th grade Communication Arts in Summer School throughout the month. I figured, "Heck, I took the whole year off of teaching to spend time with Ryker, so I might as well teach 1 month." :) It went pretty well, especially since I was the one who created the curriculum 2 summers ago for the program. We had an AWESOME friend of the family who watched Ryker while I was at school. We know Ryker was having lots of fun at her house. THANKS, PAM! YOU'RE THE BEST!!

As far as our growing boy, Ryker turned 7 months old on Father's Day. He got his daddy a really cute picture frame for his desk at work with the two of them sitting in the backyard. The week before Father's Day he started saying "Da da da da". I remember playing with him in the living room and hearing it for the 1st time. Just to make sure it was what I heard, I had to wait to hear it again before I got Jeff to come inside from mowing the lawn to hear it too! Of course, when we both sat there and waited to hear it, he didn't say it. Later that evening, we definitely heard "da da"! Of course, he didn't know what he was saying, but we were super excited to hear it!!! What a fun present for his daddy! He wasn't crawling in June, but he could roll over.

Ryker misses spending time with Papa & Nona!
Giggling with Nona
Wearing Daddy's Memphis hat like a big boy!

4 Generations: Daddy, Great-Grandpa, Grandpa, & Ryker

We had a visitor in June! Liz's sister, Noelle, had a wedding to go to in KC, so we were able to meet for lunch. THANKS FOR COMING, NOELLE!! YOU LOOK FABULOUS!

"Mommy, I'm really tired..."

"Zzzzzzz..." 1st time falling asleep in the highchair!

1st time in the pool--"Mommy, I don't know about this. It's kinda cold!"

After Papa brought bowl after bowl with hot water to help the cold become warm, Ryker didn't mind hanging out in the pool. Tippy didn't want to join him.

All done! Nice and cozy in the towel.

Ryker always gets excited when Daddy comes home from work!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Your blog looks great! I could spend hours at that website switching from one design to the next!

Tiffany and Brian said...

Alright little lady... June has come and gone, along with July, August and September. I want pictures, I know you have them. You know those really cute, funny pictures with great smiles and dark hair. I'm sure you guys are having a blast, it's such a fun age. Can you believe he is almost 1 year old???
Hope all is well, don't let this stress you out. I just miss your blog...which means I miss knowing all the fun that your family is having.