Saturday, August 9, 2008

Mother's Day--May 11

Still catching you up on May...

This year was my 1st Mother's Day...let me tell you, I'm so proud to be a mother! For those of you who know me and my emotions, I tend to get a bit teary-eyed when I think about how much I'm so in love with my little boy. Now I can understand how mothers feel about their children. He brings so much joy into my life. Words cannot express how much my love for him grows stronger and stronger as the days go on. I thank God for the blessing He brought us--a beautiful and healthy baby boy. I look forward to all the special moments that Jeff and I get to share with Ryker in our future.

A few cards came my way, and one particular card stays in my mind. When I read it, I couldn't hold back the tears. Here is what it said.
Happy first Mother's Day to my sister--
When we were kids,
it was easy to imagine you
as a mother someday.
But I had no idea.
Now when I see you with Ryker
I see the same great sister,
but I also see this amazing mom--
who's more loving and caring
than I ever could have imagined.
~Malena
The Wonderful Bond between Mother & Son
This was taken on July 12th at a family reunion for my mom's side in Ely, MN.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I'm so glad you're finally blogging again ... I've missed the updates and adorable pictures! Sounds like you guys are having a great summer!

Carrie said...

OMG! I don't believe it! You are back in the saddle! Glad to see you back. Love ya!

amrolih said...

What a picture! The smile on your little guy could make you melt!

LucieP said...

hey girl! Happy Belated Mother's Day! ;)~ We are so thankful for our little boys!!!!

It was great to see you and meet Ryker a few weeks ago.

Can't wait to hear more updates!!