Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Joy of Explosive Diapers!

Yes, Ryker has had numerous poopy diapers...that's the life of a newborn baby. However, today's diaper pretty much went to the top of the charts for the most explosive! He's taking a nap right now, so I decided to sit down and tell you all about it. Aren't you excited to read about baby poop?! I thought so! ;)

Here's how the day has gone so far: This morning I gave Ryker a bath around 10:30 am. He loved hangin' out in the warm water and getting all clean! I put him in a cute new 3-6 mo. outfit that he hasn't worn yet. This rainy afternoon we headed out to grab a quick bite to eat, go vote, stop by our church for baptism info., and then buy a few groceries. He slept for a while and then woke up to smile at me and the strangers he saw. Once we got home, the obvious smell was coming from his carseat. I quickly let Tippy outside, put the cold groceries in the fridge, and brought Ryker to his changing station. My reaction: OH BOY! Oh yes, there was poop coming through one side of his pants. As I took his pants off, it got on his socks. As I took his socks off, it got all over his bare legs. As I took his onsie off, it got all over his back. As I was trying to clean him up with MANY wet wipes, his moving hands were getting a bit too close to the lower parts of his body. (I'm saying, "Please don't put those fists in your mouth right now even though I know you'd love to!") THE JOY OF EXPLOSIVE DIAPERS! The funny part about all of this is that Ryker kept smiling at me during that whole poopy time! So of course, I had to smile right along with him as I got crap all over my hands.

Off we went to take a SECOND BATH. Once again, he enjoyed getting in the warm water and being clean. After I put his clothes on, I layed him down on his play gym mat, and off I went to wash all the poopy clothes. After that got done, what did I see at my deck door? Oh yes, a super wet and muddy dog. (Remember, it was raining outside!) Just great! Off I went with a dirty puppy held in my outstretched hands away from my clothes and into the tub. Let's see, that's a THIRD BATH for the day! Thankfully, Ryker was still content at that time hangin' out on his play gym while I had to bathe Tippy.

So there you have it. At this moment, Ryker is sitting on the couch with me (awake from his nap), and Tippy is laying on the floor by my feet tired from getting a bath. Both are clean! WAIT A MINUTE...do I smell something coming from Ryker?? Oh yes, off we go to change another poopy diaper! Hopefully there will be no need for a 4th bath! :)

3 comments:

amrolih said...

I'm glad you can laugh about it now, because I'm laughing like crazy. Just wait until Ryker has a girlfriend over in the future and you pull out that story!

Carrie said...

Yikes. Try to keep him in line when we come to visit!

Unknown said...

I had to read this one to Bryan...he thought it was hilarious!